Heather’s Healthy Awesome Broccoli Salad
You will need:
- 2 heads of broccoli, blanched.
- 1 apple (your favorite variety; I recommend honeycrisp), diced
- 2/3 cup diced raw carrots
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled.
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup skim mozzarella, shredded.
- 1 tbsp red wine vingar
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, I used olive oil type.
- pepper and salt to taste
- Cottage cheese, optional.
Combine all ingredients (except cottage cheese!) in a bowl. Allow to sit in the fridge for a few hours to incorporate the flavors. Serve in a bowl with a scoop of cottage cheese — mixing is optional.
It’s a very delicious way to get lots of veggies, protein, fruit, nuts, and healthy monounsaturated fat into your diet. Delicious.